The patient's left waist and elbow was reddened during the shower on Saturday (October 2). Staff stopped the shower and alerted nurses, after which a blister appeared on the patient's skin.
The doctor on duty informed his family and arranged to send the patient to Tuen Mun Hospital for treatment.
Further checks showed six percent of the patient's skin was scalded, including his left hand, abdomen, bottom and legs. He was in a stable condition.
Siu Lam Hospital and Tuen Mun Hospital representatives met with the family members of the patient on Sunday afternoon and apologized.
The incident has been reported to Hospital Authority headquarters and will be investigated.
London has more public sculptures of animals than it does of women or people of color, a new study has revealed.