According to the Centre for Health Protection, the first case involved two women aged 56 and 60. They had dinner at the restaurant last Friday (Nov 12) and developed symptoms including abdominal pain, diarrhoea and vomiting about 3.5 hours later.

The second case involved five women aged 26 to 28. They developed similar symptoms about 39.5 hours after having dinner there last Saturday (Nov 13).

Two of the affected persons sought medical advice and none required hospitalization. All of them are in stable condition.

The Food and Environmental Hygiene Department has been alerted to the incident and investigations are ongoing, the center added.

The center also reminded the public to avoid eating raw seafood and be a discerning consumer in choosing cold dishes, including sashimi, sushi and raw oysters at a buffet. Diners should ensure food is thoroughly cooked when eating hotpot or barbecue as well.